size of download

Topics: User Forum
Nov 23, 2006 at 3:50 AM
what is the size of the latest build, chage set 9018? i started to download and it kept going all the way 50+ mg and i cancelled it.

I downloaded the the binaries release 6093 and installed it but i get the following error when I run it. I just mapped v drive by using windows map network drive.

i couldn't paste the screen shot, but the error was about it not finding an access database.
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2006 at 1:04 AM
The V drive needs to be mapped to the folder in the C:\Program Files\Zack Owens Technologies\SchoolCORE

the folder is something like VirtualDriveV

Hope this helps.

If it doesn't email me @ zowens@eagleenvision.net
Nov 26, 2006 at 5:54 PM
My V drive is mapped fine. Here is the erroe i get:

c:\program files\Zack Owens Technologies\schoolcode beta\databases\NewTeacher.mdb is not a valid path.

when I checked the 'schoolcore beta' folder there is no 'databases' folder.

it seems like the databases folder is not being created.
Developer
Dec 11, 2006 at 3:40 AM
I get exactly the same problem. You can just copy an existing database to a new folder named Databases with the proper name, it solves the problem just fine. When we get the installer going again it'll be fixed (hopefully).

As for the download size: it depends what you're downloading. If you download the latest Alpha release it's quite large, about 3-400 MB. However, if you download the source code from any check-in afeter #13684 you'll get a dramatically smaller file, the reason being that previous releases had a 400MB avi file. I replaced this in new releases with the 5MB animated gif equivlent instead.

Hope this helps,
Tyler Menezes
(Development Team)